Friday, March 4, 2011

Confession Time

OK, I finally confessed to the ladies in my office (they're the ones who encouraged me to blog) and so now have mustered up the courage to put it out there: my husband bought a car. Gasp! I know! This without my knowledge or consent, and what am I to do? Admittedly, what I find fun and adventurous about being car free, he found laborious and demeaning. And I understand that this has become 'my thing', the unique challenge of figuring out how to get from point A to point B. I get it!
But, now I am forced to re-evaluate my status. Am I really car free if my husband has a car? My son even asked me if I would still take the bus everywhere since, 'Daddy has a car?' I decided Yes, I am car free and loving it; the freedom, convenience, and friendships I have gained far outweigh any discomfort. I enjoy saving money by not paying the ever increasing cost of gas, insurance, car payments and repairs. I respect my husband's decision, and he will be responsible to finance it, but in my heart and activities, I am still car-less and carefree. Cha ching!