Sunday, February 27, 2011

Who's Crazy?

This morning I noticed a man quietly amused by a conversation he was having with himself. He had obviously been told that it is impolite to talk to yourself out loud, so he whispered and chuckled quietly to himself. He would even turn his head away from the crowd so as not to disturb others. For all I know, he could have been so amused at my expense! At any rate, I couldn't help but notice how happy and self entertained he seemed to be. He could care less what we thought of his musings, he was having a blast! How often do those of us do the healthy things that bring us joy despite how others may react? That's what I thought about as I watched him enjoy his moment. We may call him crazy or simple, but he was happy. What would he say about the rest of us suppressing such joy trying not to look crazy? Interesting...