Friday, March 18, 2011

Bike and Ride

Our spring break finale was a 10 mile bike ride my son and I took today. We wanted to ride and needed to meet friends in Donelson, so we decided to take the greenway from Shelby Bottoms to the Stones River greenway. My son was such a trooper, going from initial doubt that we could do it to being my leader and motivator when I began to doubt. Along the way we met several people who guided and encouraged us. I can't describe the feeling of triumph when we realized we made it; I think I heard the theme song from Chariots of Fire!
After we met our friends and visited for awhile, we headed to the other side of Lebanon Rd. to catch the bus home. We put our bikes in the racks on the front of the bus, and visited with the driver while heading back toward town. Did I tell you my son is a beast on his bike? He didn't want to ride the bus back to the depot, so when we got close to the Shelby St. walking bridge, we exited the bus and rode our bikes home! We are tired, but rejuvenated, and convinced that what we put our minds to, we can do. Our spring break included a focus group and television interview about the bus. A round trip bike and bus adventure just seems like a great wrap up to an eventful week!

No comments: