Monday, December 19, 2011

City Paper MTA Ad Ran Today!

It was nice to be walking down West End after going to Vanderbilt this morning and pick up today's City Paper, turn to page 13 and see my quote and a link to this blog. Thanks again to MTA and all of you that follow my travels and adventures walking, biking or busing around Nashville. For those of you reading my blog for the first time, please come back often and hopefully be inspired to try alternative forms of transportation yourself. If you're already busing, biking or walking around Nashville or wherever you are, please feel free to comment and share your car-less stories as well. The journey continues.

3 comments:

Adams Carroll said...

Kenya, what a wonderful advertisement. Great picture too! Thanks for being such an awesome role model for our community. I hope you'll keep on inspiring people to go "carefree"!

Anonymous said...

I, too, ride public transit nearly everywhere I go. But my home is in Seattle, WA and we have a public transit system that interconnects at many stops thru some of the following methods: light rail, city bus short routes, commuter buses, state ferry system, water taxi, commuter trains and paratransit shuttle coaches {for those with disabilities severe enough they are unable to usually ride the public buses). Some of our state highways thru Seattle have HOV (High Occupancy in Vehicle) lanes where during peak hours buses whizz by backupped lanes of cars and trucks.
After a hard day of work I use my bus commute time to transition mentally to my home life. I love the public bus system. :)
ps.
My husband & I just watched on PBS in Seattle the Christmas concert put on by Belmont College...WOW! Wonderful and high quality performances ...Thank you.

Carless and Carefree in Nashville TN said...

Thank you Adams for the compliment and to Anonymous in Seattle for your comment. Nashville has a way to go to get to be as public transportation friendly as Seattle, but we're working on it. Thanks again for reading and sharing.