Monday, April 11, 2011

There are days when being carless is not so glamorous. Tonight is one of those days. After I waited out the tornado warning at work (really not pretty to get caught in a windstorm while waiting for the bus) I headed to the grocery store. It was still wet and rainy, but bearable. I ended up with more groceries than usual and I didn't have my little helper (my son) with me. Usually when I tell the cashier that I'm on the bus, they pack it tight and just right. But tonight things just didn't come together well, so here I am in the rain juggling my backpack, my bag with wheels and two other bags, one on each shoulder. Not glamorous at all! Thankfully, when I finally stumbled onto the bus, the driver was courteous and wearing a warm smile. His kindness warmed even my cold, wet feet and I knew all would be fine. I'm on my way home now, thankful to have several bags full of groceries, even if they are heavy. There are many people who would be happy to carry them if they could. I am grateful.

No comments: