Monday, October 11, 2010

Even in an Emergency

Well, the most interesting thing happened this past weekend that proves you can get just about anywhere you want to go on the bus. I went into work Saturday morning and thought my husband and son would be going about their day as usual. Around 11:00 I received a text from my son that they were at the hospital. Trying not to panic, and hoping they were just visiting a friend, I asked what happened. My son texts in reply that 'Daddy wasn't feeling very good, so we went to the hospital'. After I excused myself from work and checked the bus schedule (cause that's what you do when you ride the bus, emergency or not), I made my way to the hospital. After verifying that my husband was going to live (he had a stomach acid attack, possibly an ulcer) I found it interesting that everyone in the family (also after making sure he was okay) asked, 'How did you guys get to the hospital?' My son answered, 'Daddy told me to get my shoes on, we were going to the hospital, and we got on the bus!' They caught the bus in front of our house, and the bus dropped them off right at the hospital; proof positive, that you can get just about anywhere you need to on the bus! We would have taken the bus home after he was released, but his dear sister came to check on him and asked, 'Is it alright if I take you all home?' That was nice....

No comments: