Saturday, May 19, 2012

Nashville Bikes to Work - Friday May 18

It was very exciting to meet a group of other East Nashville and Inglewood residents at Five Points prepared to ride to work together. We headed out as two groups down Woodland to the Public Square where others from all over the city were gathering. The organization Walk/Bike Nashville organized the event in honor of the National Bike to Work Day. Mayor Dean rode his bike to the Square as well, and we were all glad to be a part of an event that was being repeated throughout the country.

I had planned to ride my bike to the Square and then put my bike on a bike rack on the front of the bus and ride the bus the rest of the way to work. But my friend Alycia who also works in the same area convinced me that we could make the ride together. And we did! We took a route that led us through downtown, through the Gulch to Music Row and right down Edgehill to USN and Vanderbilt. We were shouting in triumph at our accomplishment!

I decided to leave my bike there after work and return this morning to make the return trip home my morning workout. I rode the bus there and biked back to East Nashville, all within an hour in the cool morning air. What a great feeling of accomplishment yesterday and this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This design is spectacular! You most certainly know how to keep a reader entertained.

Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to
start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Excellent job.
I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
Too cool!

Also visit my web site Dermolyte Review
my site :: Benutzer:KennethLa _ Soziologie Marburg - Wiki